Sunday 6 December 2015

Thriller ideas/draft

For the final thriller I will be working with Hyleana, Courtney and Rae. I believe our group will work really well together and will have a fair distribution to the overall output. We have assigned roles, however, we will all have a go at all of the tasks. I've been assigned main editor, Hyleana main camera man(or woman), and Rae & Courtney main actors. Hyleana and I have also been put on sound duty; Courtney and Rae on titles. I think they're leaving me to do the storyboard because I do art, but that doesn't mean i'm great at drawing cartoon people.


One of the shots I wanted to use was a person running through mud and leaving a footprint behind, I really loved the idea(I'm sure I've seen it before, but not sure what in) and wanted to replicate it in my own opening. The image of the runner stamping on a title really appealed to me, as well as the titles moving with the runner and sound of heaving breathing.



We're not quite sure about our story fully but we do have an idea that it's going to be filmed in a wood, where a runner passes by and doesn't realise there is someone in trouble. I contributed a lot to the visuals because I already knew some things I wanted to include and imagined having a victims hands tied up. I visualed a close up of hands with rope and blood dripping off them. Hoping to create a lot of cuts and fades to black as though the victim is hallucinating or is not feel well (physically and mentally). I think we talked about a person from an asylum being involved.



We watched a previous students thriller where they made their title from the word 'drive' into the word 'die'. This inspired us to use an anagram for our own title.


No comments:

Post a Comment